Course Based Undergraduate Research (CURE)
Presented by Sally Elgin
Washington University in St. Louis
Viktor Hamburger Professor of Arts & Sciences
Professor, Department of Biology
Howard Hughes Medical Institute Professor
- Brownell, S. E., & Kloser, M. J. (2015). Toward a conceptual framework for measuring the effectiveness of course-based undergraduate research experiences in undergraduate biology. Studies in Higher Education, 40(3), 525-544.
- Corwin, L. A., Graham, M. J., & Dolan, E. L. (2015). Modeling course-based undergraduate research experiences: an agenda for future research and evaluation. CBE-Life Sciences Education, 14(1), es1.
- Hanauer, D. I., & Dolan, E. L. (2014). The Project Ownership Survey: measuring differences in scientific inquiry experiences. CBE-Life Sciences Education, 13(1), 149-158.
- Auchincloss, L. C., Laursen, S. L., Branchaw, J. L., Eagan, K., Graham, M., Hanauer, D. I., … & Towns, M. (2014). Assessment of course-based undergraduate research experiences: a meeting report. CBE-Life Sciences Education, 13(1), 29-40.
- Laverty, J. T., Underwood, S. M., Matz, R. L., Posey, L. A., Carmel, J. H., Caballero, M. D., … & Cooper, M. M. (2016). Characterizing College Science Assessments: The Three-Dimensional Learning Assessment Protocol. arXiv preprint arXiv:1604.07770.
- Lopatto, David. (2009). Science in solution: The impact of undergraduate research on student learning. Research Corp for Science Advancement
- Maher, J. M., Markey, J. C., & Ebert-May, D. (2013). The other half of the story: effect size analysis in quantitative research. CBE-Life Sciences Education, 12(3), 345-351.
- Schwartz, M. S., Sadler, P. M., Sonnert, G., & Tai, R. H. (2009). Depth versus breadth: How content coverage in high school science courses relates to later success in college science coursework. Science Education, 93(5), 798-826.
- Spell, R. M., Guinan, J. A., Miller, K. R., & Beck, C. W. (2014). Redefining authentic research experiences in introductory biology laboratories and barriers to their implementation. CBE-Life Sciences Education, 13(1), 102-110.
- Rodenbusch, S. E., Hernandez, P. R., Simmons, S. L., & Dolan, E. L. (2016). Early Engagement in Course-Based Research Increases Graduation Rates and Completion of Science, Engineering, and Mathematics Degrees. CBE-Life Sciences Education, 15(2), ar20.