Upcoming Professional Development Materials
- May 2, 2019 – Mentoring: A Skill-Building Workshop w/ Special guest speaker W. Brad Johnson
Previous Professional Development Materials
- ReBUILDetroit’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Little Libraries are located outside the main offices in the Chemistry, Life Sciences, and Engineering Buildings at the University of Detroit Mercy. Here is a list of the books that are available in the DEI Little Libraries. Feel free to use this resource to learn more about Race; LGBTQ+; Social Justice; Civil Rights; White privilege; Ableism; Microaggressions; Histories of Asians, Latinx, Indigenous peoples, and Pacific Islanders; Gender bias, Medical ethics; and Theoretical perspectives such as critical race theory and culturally relevant teaching pedagogies and more. For questions or feedback please contact Dr. Jahzara Mayes Otoo, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- September 21, 2018 – Implementing Strategies and Pedagogy: To Meet the Needs of Culturally Diverse College Students, Dr. Dorinda J. Carter Andrews
(Location: University Detroit Mercy. Registration, Session Handouts
- March 28, 2017 – Teach Students How to Learn, Dr. Saundra McGuire.
(Location: Wayne State University. Presentation PowerPoint, Teach Students to Learn (Stylus, 2015)
- February 2, 2017 – Recognizing our Intersections of Identity and Building a Culture of Mentoring, Dr. Becky Wai-Ling Packard. (Location: Marygrove College). Handouts, Bibliography and Presentation PowerPoint
- November 3 & 4, 2016 – Course based Undergraduate Research, Dr. Sally Elgin. Bibliography.
- October 7, 2016 – The Importance of Teacher Empathy in Student Success, Dr. Katherine Rowell. (Location: Detroit Mercy, Student Ballroom) Bibliography.
- April 14, 2016 – Beginning with the End: Constructing Effective Learning-Centered Outcome (Handouts)
- June 10, 2015 – Developing Team Dynamics Workshop
(location: Wayne State University)
Want more information, sign up for email updates.